Friday, January 14, 2011

so far

The hardest thing I've had to do this year is teach a small group lesson on tying shoes.

One by one I put each child in my lap and showed them (twice) the steps to tying a shoe. "First you take one string in one hand, and the other in the other hand. Perfect. Now cross them. Cross them...cross them...like this...good. Now you make a loop, uh oh, uh oh, a loop....like this. Can you do it? Good!. Then you take the other string and dance it all the way around the loop. Dance him around! Yay! Okay, now drop the end of the string. Drop it. Just drop it. Can you let go? Uh oh, what happened to your ears...drop it (as I am pulling it as hard as I can from their small little fists). Good... Go play with the blocks"

Patience is a virtue.
ECErs aren't ready to tie their shoes (although they are obsessed with their shoelaces)
3 kids succeeded (and one already knew).

No comments:

Post a Comment