Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Beet Sliders and Kohlrabi Fries

On Monday evening Mark and I decided to try a recipe he discovered on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

Holy Cow-amazing!

We've been getting a number of beets through our vegetable share, and weren't really sure what to do with them. (actually, not sure if I've ever tasted a beet...how do people normally eat them?).

Anywho, long story short, we made them into little beet burgers. And if I had been blindfolded...I would not have known I wasn't eating beef. Sooo freaking amazing (and sooo much healthier-win win!).

We also had the great idea to make some more Kale chips and turn our Kohlrabi into french fries.

Totally yummy meal. And definitely evened out the cherry cricket meal we'd had a few nights ago calories wise....

No comments:

Post a Comment