Thursday, September 19, 2013

This is awesome

On one of the post tests my students just took, one of the activities was to write a sentence about each picture. This picture is really too difficult for them because there are multiple aspects of it that don't fit their cultural understanding. (one student thought the chef hat was a cloud and the tears rain....his sentence was "Sione is happy because it is rain." ) The PRE and post tests were made by pc, and overall are pretty good, so we haven't bothered to change the few "bad" questions. Anywho, this was my favorite sentence :




If you can't see it " I cry to Peta because lavea to eye." lavea is injury in Tongan. I love it when my kids intersperse tongan in their writing. Hilarious!

*all of our students showed great gains in their English speaking, writing, and reading skills. We are so proud of them for all their hard work.

Lisi

No comments:

Post a Comment