Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving

Well...a little late (but worth the wait). ;)

1. I'm thankful for family. Yes the little one that is me and Mark (and our precious kits), and the little traditions and words and habits that make us a unit, but also in a much bigger sense, my extended family and the heritage I have inherited from them. A trip to TX couldn't have come at a better time, and I so enjoyed my brother's many trips into the old attic of my Meemaw's old house...we have a rich history, and I am happy to have learned more of it.

2. I'm thankful for my love, my best friend, my partner in...everything. I am so glad that I had a choice in who I got to share my life with, and that he is a man I love, respect, and adore.

3. I am thanful for music. For trumpet solos at military funerals, caroling with friends, the soulful stylings of Over the Rhine and Steven Curtis Chapman Christmas, and singers for a father and a husband. =)

4. I am thankful for friends. The kind I have...the ones you laugh, cry, everything with. They're the best. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment