1. And Life Comes Back: A Wife’s Story of Love, Loss, and Hope Reclaimed by Tricia Lott Williford
I fell in love with Tricia’s writing a few years ago when I stumbled upon her blog via a friend on Facebook. This is Tricia’s first book- it is truly moving. You can get a taste of her writing style and incredible journey at teachingtuckandty.blogspot.com and tricialotwilliford.wordpress.com.
2. Red Letter Revolution: What if Jesus Really Meant What He Said? By Shane Claiborne and Tony Campolo
This book discusses many hot-topic issues in today’s world-on homosexuality, on being pro- life, on immigration, etc. It was challenging and motivating. I highly recommend it. I was most touched by reading some of the sections that I didn’t already have strong opinions about, for example, Liturgy, Saints, and Empire. Read this book-and then let’s talk about it!
3. The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeannette Walls
4. Don’t Let’s Go to the Dogs Tonight: An African Childhood by Alexander Fuller
5. Little Bee: A Novel by Chris Cleave